Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Read this first

The other guy is one Dave Typinski, who lives in Florida. Every time they have one of their trademark weather cataclysms down there I check in with him to see if he's been blown out to sea, yet. I don't know where he lives in Florida, exactly: I know that it's a Florida-shaped state, and it's got Miami at the bottom and Cuba down below that, seething, and Cape Canaveral somewhere on the edge.

I, on the other hand, am Mark Kinsler, currently of Lancaster, Ohio. Lancaster is a bit southeast of Columbus, if that helps, and it's been waiting to be recognized as the greatest place on earth for about two hundred years now. Its most famous citizen, besides me, was General William Techumseh Sherman, who grew up a couple of blocks away and never returned alive or dead.

This is a lot more fun than working on the stuff I'm supposed to be doing.

No comments: